Hey hey Stoughton!
Some quick updates for this week.
- Governor Baker is speaking between 12 and 1pm today and will provide more information on the length of school closures. The Administrative Team has been preparing for different scenarios and we will be ready for the next steps, whatever they may be. Further communication will follow in the coming days with any specifics announced by the governor today.
- Food distribution will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday this week. Regular sized portions on Tuesday, and then doubles on Wednesday and Friday. Next week we will go back to Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Chromebooks. If you need help with a Chromebook, please go to spstechhelp.com and the tech team will help you remotely or you can arrange for a trade. Please do not come to OMS without having spoken to your school principal or a tech staff member beforehand. Thanks!
- Phase Two Learning. We are working through this week so please be on the lookout for assignments and Meets Tues-Fri. While students should be working a couple of hours each day on the assignments that teachers are presenting, the most important thing is to make sure that everyone is safe and taking good care. We know that remote learning is not easy, but the plan is designed to be flexible and the hard work of teachers, specialists, paras and, importantly, parents/guardians is really wonderful!! If students need support, please reach out to a teacher, counselor, or administrator.
- Seniors. We love you! And we are going to do whatever we can to make this end-of-year special, knowing that it’s going to be different than what we hoped. Ms. Miller and the SHS team are working hard to give the Class of 2020 a great send-off. More info to come soon.
- Super’s Stories at Seven will feature a special guest tonight! https://youtu.be/ND1B8MtIRVw
You all are doing great! These are tough times, but the kindness and support I’m seeing across Stoughton is pretty remarkable! Keep reaching out to your friends and neighbors, and we will keep supporting you all as best as we can!
We’ve got this Knights!
Dr. Marcus, Superintendent