Children must be 5 years old by August 31st to enter Kindergarten.
Welcome Class of 2033! It's important to register your soon-to-be Kindergarten student so we can plan ahead for the 2020-2021 school year so we can secure the number of classrooms and teachers needed for the fall enrollment. If you have friends, relatives or neighbors who live in Stoughton, and will be registering a kindergarten age child, please pass on this information.
Please start here: To get K registration going, we have set up an online form that gives all families of next year’s Kindergartners a chance to start the process. Please go to http://stoughtonkindergarten.com and fill out the short form. A building secretary will then be in touch with you to make an appointment either virtually or (later on) in person.
Paperwork (except the folded 4 page form) is available at the bottom of this page. Portuguese and French documents are being added as available. If you need printed registration paperwork in a language other than English, please contact the Principal of the school your child will be attending. They will help you.
Beginning the week of June 8, 2020, our elementary schools will begin processing registration paperwork for the fall.
If you need a packet please contact the school and one will be mailed to you.
When your registration packet is complete, please send it back to the school in one of these ways:
- Scan and email to the school secretary (see email addresses below)
- Drop off your packet in a sealed envelope in the box located at the front door (available between 8-3 only)
- Mail to the school
We cannot process your packet until it is complete. Please provide copies, not originals, of any required paperwork.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
- Principals' letter to families
- Registration Checklist
- SPS Emergency form for 2020-2021
- Pre-School Teacher Assessment Form
- Nurses Letter for K Registration for 2020-2021
- SPS Medical History form for K Registration
- Home Language Survey
- MassHealth School-Based Medicaid Program 32 June 2019 letter
- MassHealth Medicaid Benefits form (with Danielle’s name near the top)
- SPS Residency Affidavit - Landlord / Shared Tenancies form
- SPS Residency Statement
- SPS Powerschool Parent/Guardian Portal Acceptable Use and Safety Policy form
- SPS 2020-2021 School Calendar
Paperwork not available online:
- There is a folded 4 page form to fill out that is available for pickup beginning on Monday, April 13, 2020. All paperwork, and the folded 4 page form that is not online, will be available during the Grab and Go meal pickup at the O'Donnell Middle School each week from 10:00-11:30 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while school is closed. During the Grab and Go process, the staff member on duty will request you let them put the documents in the trunk of your car so everyone stays safe.
Documents required to register your child:
Please plan ahead and get your child's ORIGINAL birth certificate from the town or city hall in the location where your child was born. You will also need 2 proofs of residency, such as a current lease or mortgage statement and a current utility bill, and your child's most recent immunization record. This requirement also applies to students who currently attend the Jones Preschool program.
After your child is registered, be sure to check the school web site for visiting days in August 2020.
Kindergarten Registration must be complete in order to enter on September 2020. Until a student's registration is complete, he/she will not be assigned to a classroom and may not begin in September 2020.
This map shows each elementary school district by streets. If you are unsure about your child’s school location, please contact any of the elementary schools listed below.
If you have questions about registration information and paperwork, please contact the office of the school your child will be attending:
Dawe Elementary - 131 Pine Street, 781-344-7007
Gibbons Elementary - 235 Morton Street, 781-344-7008
Hansen Elementary - 1800 Central Street, 781-344-7006
South Elementary - 171 Ash Street, 781-344-7004
Wilkins Elementary - 1322 Central Street, 781-344-7005
Follow the Stoughton Public Schools on Facebook, to see school information, announcements, photos, videos and more!