Due to the retirement of Dr. Rizzi next August, the Stoughton School Committee has begun the search process for a new Superintendent for the Stoughton Public Schools. As part of that process the School Committee will be conducting Focus Groups to include input from the faculty, parents and students. All focus group meetings will be held at in the Media Center at Stoughton High School at 6:00pm or 7:15pm as noted below. Below is the list of Focus Group meetings:
- Elementary Parents Focus Group: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:00pm
- Secondary Faculty & Staff Focus Group: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 6:00pm
- Secondary Parents Focus Group: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 6:00pm
- Elementary Faculty & Staff Focus Group: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 6:00pm
- Community Members: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 7:15pm
- Students Focus Group: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 6:00pm
- Special Education Parents: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 7:15pm
The purpose of the focus group is to (1) provide the School Committee and its representatives with perceptions, opinions, beliefs and attitudes toward the Stoughton Public Schools, (2) identify what they believe are the essential roles and responsibilities of the Superintendent, and (3) help identify the personal qualities and skills that will be critical to identify within the new Superintendent. All Focus Groups will be administrated by Mr. James Hardy, MASC Search Consultant. Anyone not able to attend, may provide any thoughts or opinions they would like to share with the School Committee by writing to Mr. James Hardy, MASC Search Consultant at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addiiton to the Focus Groups, Parents and Employees of the Stoughton Public Schools, Students enrolled in the Stoughton Public Schools, Residents of Stoughton without children enrolled in the schools, and other members of the community are invited to answer survey questions to provide your point of view as input to the process:
This survey will be available through the month of October.
NOTE: The results of this survey are being independently received and tabulated by the Massachusetts Association of School Committees on behalf of the Stoughton School Committee.
Please see the Superintendent Search Timeline document attached below.